Providing the small office, home office, and solopreneur business owner
with QuickBooks tips, small business resources, and inspiration
you can use to create Your Business and Your Life, Your Way!

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Making a List

Since my return from the Coaching Super Summit my mind has been overwhelmed with possibilities. There were so many great ideas I seem to just want to use them all!

How often does that happen to us in our businesses and in our lives? So many good ideas, so much to do, and never enough time?

For myself I have come up with a solution and perhaps this will work for you too.

I am making a list. A list of all the good ideas and things I want to do. Once I have made my list, I plan to rate it by what is most important, the amount of time it will take, whether there is a deadline or perceived deadline, how it will impact my business or life, whether I have the necessary means (tools, skills, etc.), and how much joy I will get from doing the particular task.

I like working with a list. I love crossing things off the list, it gives me such a sense of accomplishment.

I encourage you to take time today to make a list, after all we are approaching that time of year, as the jingle says, "He's making his list, he's checking it twice, gonna find out...whose productive or not!" (OK I changed the lyrics a bit!)

No comments: