Providing the small office, home office, and solopreneur business owner
with QuickBooks tips, small business resources, and inspiration
you can use to create Your Business and Your Life, Your Way!

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

WOAMTEC Confident Women's Conference

Today I attended the WOAMTEC Confident Women's Conference in Orlando at the Sonesta.

WOAMTEC officially stands for Women on a Mission to Earn Commission, however I like to think of it as Women on a Mission to Establish Connections and that what was today was about, at least for me! 

I arrived at the Sonesta around 9:30.  I had paid in advance for the conference so registration was a breeze, they were very organized and efficient.  Just after I picked up my registration badge and lunch bracelet, a gal asked if I would like to have my make-up touched up. I asked her if I needed it! She laughed, and said no, thankfully, I decided however, to take her up on her offer.  It was very cool that Lux provided this service, and they didn't even push their products, which made it especially nice.  Armed with a shimmering face I was ready to "face" (no pun intended) the conference.

I headed to the first break-out session. I happened to run into a buddy, Tracy Lunquist, of Working Magic, and decided to join her in Allison D'Anna's session, "The Secret to Success and Fulfillment".  Allison was an excellent speaker who spoke from her heart and shared her journey to success and fulfillment.  She provided us with a hand out, "Wheel of Life". By completing it we were able to have a snapshot into our lives today, where we are fulfilled and where we may need more focus. She reminded us that what we focus on expands and to set goals in the areas that need more focus.


After the break-out session we had about an hour to network and shop with the vendors. There were vendors selling books, jewelry, cupcakes, and more. It was a nice varied collection of vendors.

Jeff Hawkins of Jeff Hawkins Photography was on hand to take our pictures. He had a very professional set-up, with lights and shades (or reflectors or whatever the correct photography term is.) Jeff was very pleasant in his style, making me feel comfortable, even amongst all his professional equipment.

Next came lunch. The meal was nice, even nicer that they offered a vegetarian selection!  But the best part was the incredibly dynamic speakers!

The theme of the conference was Repeat...Reboot...Recharge.


First, there Dawn Pici – REPEAT “The Fastest, Easiest & Most Reliable System for Getting MORE Sales Than You Can Handle from Loyal, Repeat Clients” She gave us valuable information about connecting with clients and about our own style using the DISC tool. REPEAT business is a good thing.

Next, we heard from Dr. Jo – REBOOT  “How to Stay Focused, Energized & More Productive” She spoke about how to "ALT, CTRL, DELETE" our own internal systems with proper sleep (more is not always better), eating patterns (carbs cause us to slow down so why do we start our day with carbs?), and thought patterns (turn short, fat, and ugly into petite, full bodied, and I don't care what others think).  Sometimes we just need to REBOOT.

Last was, Pam Powell RECHARGE  with “The P-Factor".  Pam is a dynamic speaker, somewhat a cross between and evangelist with her preachy style and a motivational, engaging speaker in the way she had us continually clap to reinforce her message.  Pam was the perfect speaker to help us RECHARGE.

After the three speakers there was no doubt that everyone in the room had raised their energy level and everyone seemed glad they attended.

The afternoon offered more break-out sessions.  I attended the "Excel for Beginners" by Nicole Pickering. Even though I don't consider myself a beginner at Excel, I did learn a couple of short cuts that I did not know and Nicole offered a complimentary phone session to cover more advanced features.

I am so glad I attended this event. I was inspired to be in the presence of so many wonderful women.  The event was well organized and very professional.  It was nice to relax, make new connections, learn, and be inspired.

If there is such an event in a city near you I encourage you to attend.  Too often we think we can't spend the time or the money, but it is a small investment with a huge return of; connections, collaboration, and confidence!

No comments: